No idealist ever
devoted their life to putting a repressive regime in power, so I'm guessing that's not
what true believers are striving for...
The Cornerstones of the Communist Faith
- People's desires for material wealth and comfort are fixed.
- Given that these desires are fixed, technological advances
will soon enable output to exceed all of human desires.
- It's that simple.
Why it will never work
- Peoples desires for materials wealth and comfort are not
- So technological advances can never hope to keep
- Also, certain resources (ideal mates, fame, and notoriety
to mention a few) will always be scarce and
never be enough of these to go around
That said, when true believers talk about Communism these
days, they tend to mean
In the meantime, Capitalism is the inevitable methodology for the rest.
- Technological advances have made certain materials and
services so abundant that they might as well be free
- The quality of a society (it's common decency) may
be measured by how many of these things actually are free
that Communism describes the best methodology known for the dispersal
of these things that should be
free -- however and
whatever that might be...
next BrettRants entry
copyright © 2013 Brett Paufler
reach me at Brett@Paufler.net
Odd fact, Marx had it in
for Capitalists because a Capitalist by nature was
someone who would rather save their money than spend it. And
was a bad thing, because a person who would rather save their money
than spend it obviously had no conception of all the
wonderful things that money could buy -- i.e. only an idiot
choose saving money over expending it and thereby living their life to
Sort of puts a different
spin on Marxism if you ask me.