The Diary Project
A Year In Restaurants
The Diary Project is Born
There are over a half million restaurants in the grand old US of A, so it should not be that hard to find a new one every time I want eat out.
And since no one really cares about what I eat, let's find something different to write about.
The Second Half of the Year
La Futurano de Mexicano
- Succulent Steak
- Airy Chips
- So fine, the double chips were the best.
- Smooth Salsa
- My eyes are rolling back as I savor every bite.
- I asked for a meal to remember.
- So good...
The Southern Cross
Starting with barbecue:
- Was the service for sh!te?
- Or was I in a sh!tty mood?
- The table held a cornucopia of BBQ sauces.
- A mountainous pile of meat...
- Struggling from betwixt two buns...
- Is what the website showed.
- But not so much in person.
- After walking out, my first thought was 'So when are we going to eat?'
Moving on to...
- Plenty of inspiration, ideas for art of my own:
- Primary color posterize...
- We had Artisinal Chocolate for dessert.
- And at $3/oz, it had better be art!
- Finishing it all off with the art of marketing...
- And trying on a $20,000 necklace to see how it hangs.
I'd have to say, 'All in all, it was a delightful day.'
Pizza for Two
Starting with the food:
- Yes it is, but please do not make a face when I say to put it in front of me.
- It is my pizza. I will be eating all of it. And I will contaminate whatever I might leave behind if I want to.
- There was nothing to leave behind!
- A good crust... No, a great crust!
- Too bad I will be wasting so much of it.
- But I will not be spending the rest of the day lugging leftovers around.
- And in the end, a pile of uneaten crust...
- And a sandwich bag of melted cheese sausage topping delight to take with me when I go.
- I knew there was a reason I had taken to carrying around sandwich bags.
Ending with the ambiance:
- High again!
- Not a bad side-effect from eating food!
- Crazy Bird!
- Sorry, my mistake. It's a Sour Patch Worm
- I am still angry.
- The background anger is real.
- So angry...
- Or maybe that's just the after dinner entertainment.
And since the text comes first (long before I review the photos of the day), I wonder what I will be posting. I know for sure any images of the high-wire act would have been disappointing. I guess, that's why I did not take any...
The Tasting Menu
Items worth noting (on the day):
- Went to a Classical Concert in the park...
- And once over, heard Godzilla on the back beat from the fair another park over.
- A taste of this, a taste of that...
- I probably could have tasted a little more.
- Lottery! Lottery! Lottery!
- Er, actually, I was more than a bit turned off by the marketing...
- All the money they have to spare on such things.
- But not so good I didn't go to an old standby to fill up, once I was done with the event.
- I gave a hand massage to another on the ride back, while overhearing a conversation spoken in computerese.
- The entertainment could not be more sublime.
The Day in Spades
I didn't eat anywhere special, just what I'll call snacks twice. But what follows is more in line with what I think I want from this space from now on.
- First item worth noting was a Catheter Advertisement...
- In a Sporting Goods Store, no less.
- It's pretty cool...
- For such a sweltering hot day.
- It's a bird! No, a plane!
- Um, sorry. It's a ZipLiner!
- Pallets of corn!
- And 55 gallon drums of grease!
- A wobbly rocking chair and salted peanuts.
- The best seat in the house.
- Courtesy of my, now, favorite airline.
- Gosh, but it's hot!
- Ahem! I said, I don't mind the rain!
- He's a better dancer than I'd at first presumed.
- Or he's pretty fly for a crazy guy.
- Actually, he's quite good.
- There are so many people taking photos of their food...
- It's time for me to stop.
- Every drop of sweat feels like an insect.
- Um, my ankles are dripping sweat.
- Art makes about as much sense as the current legal order.
- Thankfully, both often come with air conditioning.
- Suki is passed out drunk...
- A train wreck that's fun to watch,
- Dancing with her drunken self.
- Hot thumping music...
- A different sort of endurance workout.
- Smoke it if you got it!
- Otherwise, simply inhale deeply.
- On the train (at the end of the day), overhearing a conversation about the important things in life...
- Alcohol and cigarettes figuring prominently.
- I find myself immersed in anger.
- I would much rather dabble in art and philosophy.
- But I am slowly coming to the realization:
- Money is all that matters.
- Good art sells.
- What more do you need to know?
- An artistic history of the zombie apocalypse.
- I ate lunch in the lobby of an old building.
- There was a five story balcony rimmed atrium...
- With only a single chandelier to fill the space.
- Do you care about the food?
- The Reuben was surprisingly tasty.
- Even if the food (overall) was amazingly mediocre.
- That's the third ping pong club I've seen today.
- Handily, located next to a darts club.
- But I know where a third one is just a stone's throw away.
- If you're explaining why you shouldn't be arrested, maybe try walking away.
- I mean, if you're backing up to catch you breath.
- Maybe, just back up and walk completely away.
- There's a trumpeter playing in the park.
- But I wonder if the security guards even know that.
- Now, that's a crappy movie.
- Thankfully, it's just a pre-feature short...
- With ear shattering sound effects...
- That make nails on a chalkboard sound like a symphony.
- But the crowd applauded, so they must have liked it.
- The food was the least of it.
- We had a mediocre hamburger...
- And a truly wonderful vegan burger with mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes.
- We bet on the horses...
- And had more winning tickets than losers.
- So, maybe, we were down a dollar on the day.
- Sunshine turning to rain clouds...
- On a beautiful summer day.
- Four hours of racing flew on by.
- I mean, it flew right on by.
- It was an exciting, fun-filled day.
- I'd thought we'd gone to that other place.
- But no, we'd gone to this one.
- The burgers...
- In fact, the entire day was a delightful repeat.
- Psychedelic art.
- The advertising banners did not do the artwork justice...
- Failing to convey the visual effects, as they did...
- Or did not, as the case may be.
- Sitting down...
- And not getting ice cream.
- But lots and lots of ice water.
- Oh, a boat ride both ways!
- I'm living the Vida da River Rat.
The Ball Game
- The ball game...
- Lunch was a bit of fine dining...
- Topped off with stale cannoli.
- The antique toy shop...
- Brought memories of yesteryear.
- Then its off to the riverside.
- The second town is better.
- You know, the one we went to last time, first.
- And topping the day off, there was a bit of ghoulish endeavors.
- Or you know, home ways are the best ways.
- Nope! Sorry! Sitting in the park, listening to a bagpipe band, it is!
- Mirrored reflections, broken into grids.
- I like the clouds the best.
- I wonder how I'd code such a cubist effect.
- The river.
- Working its way back to health.
- In the meantime, free fishing!
- Dark corner, out of the sun.
- Private booth, Cuban food, ordered a jibarito.
- The ketchup packed a little punch...
- That was missing from the rest of the meal.
- Still, bacon fried frozen peanut butter and banana pancakes come rapidly to mind.
- You know, in answer to how would I improve what I just ate.
- Chandeliers swaying to and fro.
- Got me a free ice cream bar.
- Chase Greatness?
- Street level ambient noise level measurements.
- To determine how hard we have to work to keep the outside out.
- Old friends, a chance meeting, a selfie.
- Let me tell you about this book I'm reading.
- Walking away, neither one looking back.
- Wrapping it up with reggae in the park.
- Best listened to a few blocks away.
- While reading Supreme Court Slips.
- Lazy days.
- Low effort.
- I'll take to go and eat in the park.
- Have I told you I'm looking for money.
- I don't think I'd know it if I found it.
- Well, in an alternate universe, he is loosing it.
- Following the magician.
- A quiet spot.
- And take delight in the unruly masses.
- A space underutilized.
- A city struggling to fight decay.
- Art? Yes! Yes! Good idea!
- I'd rather look at that than stand in the rain.
- His name was
- In town, laying over, between trains for the day.
- Off to buy more, looking to trade.
- Perhaps, the happiest guy, I'd met all day.
- Saw a taxi get a ticket.
- Ah, maybe just this brand.
- Free ice cream.
- It's the new way to advertise.
The side dishes are the best thing about Korean Food. Deep fried zucchini in a sweet fish sauce did not disappoint. The bland meat served in an ample bowl with rice and vegetable shavings needed the sauce. But then, dishes like this always need the sauce. That is what the sauce is for.
Arriving late, we got to sit next to the owner's table where all of the employees where grilling the new Haole Hire, daring him to eat the squid.
Wow! Good thing I do not drink that much. It really adds up.
And then, of course, there was the loud music, eventual drunken brawl, and a quick cut down a back alley to avoid the police dragnet, looking for someone, who came no where close to matching my description.
Note, 'I regret nothing. Nothing!'
But 'Honey, I think, maybe, I'll stay in tonight,' you know, lay low for a while.
Classic Indian Buffet
I wonder how many of these Ethnic Places are owned by the same clan?
Trinity of Two
- Boat ride.
- Lazy walk.
- Becomes a Quest for food.
- Hot-hot food.
- I mean, really-really hot.
- 'May I have some water, please?'.
- A grand opulent building.
- Dreaming of imaginary friends.
- With membership (and dues) for each.
- Been here an hour, now.
- A mausoleum to ourselves.
- Six hundred visitors a year?
- Monet's Garden.
- At the zoo.
- A wild praying mantis the best exhibit.
- But others rated it higher.
- First phone app car ride.
- I will not be downloading.
- Off to the tourist bridge.
- Time for a movie in the park.
- Free ice cream!
- Train ride to end it all.
- Cannot be over soon enough.
Weekend in the Woods
- Death by Chocolate.
- Italian delight.
- So, now, I have had cannoli.
- Paid for by a dash in the rain.
- Breakfast buffet.
- Followed by a little exercise.
- By way of vacuuming and light housekeeping.
- Soup and sandwich special.
- Followed by talk of politics.
- Which to me, means economics.
- So, maybe it's time for a nap.
- Lasagna with salad.
- Oh, I almost forgot the gin and tonic.
- Nasty few sips of a drink, that was.
- Early morning wake up.
- Croissants and hot chocolate.
- Followed by a traffic jam caused by a foot race.
- On the way to a water race.
- Rooftop view as the morning clouds slowly burned off.
- A fabulous cheese and farm fresh tomato omelet.
- Seriously, guys, isn't it time for a nap.
- Trapped in the car.
- A long debriefing deconstructing the visit.
- And time to think about what I've done wrong.
- But seriously, if you know me at all by now, you know it, simply, wasn't my fault...
- Eating chocolate for breakfast on the train.
- Listening to a half dozen high school boys.
- And the concerns of the youth of today.
- Chocolate company with rail tanker car pumping itself out.
- I like to believe it's 10,000 gallons of liquid chocolate.
- Though, the stray cocoa beans down the way turned out to be gravel.
- Walking through the Magnificent West, just North of the River.
- Preacher loves the heat.
- He knows the church has AC.
- A sacrament of food makes a lot more sense when the threat of starvation is real.
- Air show.
- Jet fighters echoing thru the Sky...
- Air filled with stunt flying daring do.
- And the sound of inane announcers.
- It's fun being in the press of the crowd.
- But a lot easier to think away from the announcer's endless drone.
- If only they thanked someone (or more likely something) worthwhile.
- 'Hey! Let's give it up for the weather!'.
- 'And how about those free water fountains?'.
- The roar of the planes.
- While avoiding puffs of magical smoke.
- Folks enjoying a cement beach.
- I must be developing a nice even burn.
- Speed bikers.
- Ice cold water... four takers.
- Free water fountain... twelve.
- Or maybe, you just can't take it with you.
- 'Watch your step. There's a step up here.'
- 'Those planes look a lot cooler when they're not dropping bombs on you.'
- And if the government and the market are one.
- I think it's time to go shopping.
- Char Dog.
- The luxury sports car was not luxury enough.
- I have...
- But maybe just Pick Up Truck tastes.
- He's got really nice clothes.
- Too nice to be asking others to pay his 'licensing fees'.
- Missed the concert.
- I didn't know there was a concert.
- Just as well, lots else doing.
- And now, I'm planning tomorrow.
- It begins.
- I'm kind of Elitist.
- Not many people can say that.
- Street side cafe.
- Cool cats.
- The hair weaves are growing out.
- Jazz Piano.
- There'll be jazz all day long.
- Lamb, ribs, and waffle fries.
- Got to pay extra for the waffle fries.
- Not quick enough to keep the straight running one more.
- Master of puppets.
- A whole lot of sitting around.
- Not much energy for anything else.
- Red-Red Wine.
- Modern new age jazz.
- Good Gravy!
- Now, there's a soothing turn of phrase.
- Tattoos on the ride back in commemoration of a lost love.
- A brighter end to the day than at first might seem.
Jazz It Up
No pictures, today.
I think I overdid it on Air Superiority
- Too sick for notes.
- It's been awhile since I've eaten.
- Half rations at best... yesterday.
- So, I hope the curry is good.
- Or at least, I can keep it down.
- Japanese restaurant.
- Mexican music playing in the kitchen.
- Real jazz, baby, has soul.
- Piano work.
- Or using it as a backdrop.
- I have no idea how you tell how a song sounds from reading a prose review.
- Or the contents of a day from a few simple notes.
- The kid's stroller comes with its own fan.
- No doubt, next year's model will come with full-on AC.
- My shirt commemorates The Four Preps playing in Catalina.
- So says a passing stranger.
- Wearing the same threads in blue rather than beige.
- In retrospect, I did not take advantage of the situation as I should have.
- Also, the note-editing features on this phone really suck.
- A half dozen miss-strikes, deleting random words and phrases, to insert this comment.
- She likes to whoop and holler.
- Festival Ribs.
- Ironically, not the best ribs I've had this week.
- The sound check is soothing enough.
- At least the drummer is wearing a tux.
- Maybe, he didn't get the memo.
- Clouds moving in.
- I almost lost my lucky charm.
- "And let me just say, you are the most obnoxious," and so on.
- Of course, I was sitting right there and failed to notice the infraction.
- Also, he removed the (high hat) symbols from his drum set, before he left the stage.
- I guess, they go missing.
Thrift Storing It
Quality Tom Ga
Sweet Chicken Larb
Hot & Spicy KaPoW!
Shopping! Shopping! Shopping!
Will do again (and soon, most likely), but the chocolate shake was the best part. The burgers were more of a fun gimmick than anything else.
Shopping! Shopping! Shopping!
'Yawn. I'm tired. Let's go home.'
- Venezuelan food in the park.
- And just sitting for hours.
- Nice long pleasant hours.
- How much I'm spending a day for the rest of my life.
- Assuming I win the Big Prize in the Lottery, tonight.
- Decadent donuts.
- Either way, well worth it.
- Opera fills the night.
- Complete with visions of Dragon Scale Eyes.
- Discount code?
- We don't need no stinking discount code!
- Drunk as a skunk, they were.
- And then, we saw a skunk.
- Yeah, baby.
- What more do you want out of a church service?
- They even had cookies and fruit spears at half time.
- High finance.
- Darts and barbecue.
- A fun half day.
- School sales or winter coats.
- So cheap, they paid us to eat there.
- So tasty, we'll do it again.
- A very lazy day.
- Car fight.
- Gooey brie.
- In sum total, it was Elegant Sufficiency.
- The Sherlock Holmes mystery store has it all.
- Along with the best restroom of the lot.
- A nice pair of rocking chairs, too.
- While the post book club discussion group ambiance was divine.
- Clothes, antiques, glittery place, antique, antique.
- Especially when you're the only ones around.
- A Hard No on the fru-fru glamour ball.
- Sitting in a coffee house.
- With a sudden desire to engage in a fantasy collector card game.
- Too bad there's no one around to challenge.
- I lost the bet.
- You remember, the discussion in the car, back at the beginning.
- Eating again.
- Not sure if I'm supposed to piss on it.
- The sampler plate wins again.
Sliding Into Fall
- Indian Summer.
- Cooler than one might expect.
- Such a sunny day.
- Even the bums are smiling.
- Curry bowl.
- Well, it's a vegetarian place.
- A swing.
- When I order a curry bowl, I want a pool of curry.
- Not a drizzle of dressing on a rice salad.
- This might be the worst curry I have ever tasted.
- Mainly, because there wasn't any curry.
- The rice was pretty tasty, though.
- He's having a hard time of it.
- And I can't really tell why.
- Letting the waves crash over me.
- Not very turbulent today, though.
- Is the drummer going to the strike or not?
- It's the drink-run for everyone else at the end of his shift.
- Lecture time.
- The silk slave connection.
- Subversiveness was never so entertaining.
- A walk.
- Got to do something to take-off the edge.
- Those drummers disappeared quickly.
- Hey! Almost lecture time.
- I feel educated.
- A funny old bloke of a chap.
- With familial connections.
- Nice walk in the warm evening breeze.
- Peace of mind.
- Lazy start.
- Too lazy to read an old school computer gaming magazine, even.
- Betting the ponies.
- We're getting the good kine.
Honest Forthright Food
I scored on the leftovers, as (partially) shown above:
Half a prime rib dinner, complete with butter ladened baked potato.
Half a duck with orange sauce.
And more bread sticks than you can shake a bread stick at.
Pre Trip Travails
- I saw them start their journey at the very beginning.
- The art is lacking that certain something.
- Yeah, definitely missing the drugs.
- A fun exchange talking nonsense.
- All season long and they still haven't raised enough money for a permit.
- I like flashing lights.
- He's not chewing on a pen.
- He's smoking an e-cigarette.
- If he has anything to say about it, I'm going to Hell.
- I was quite enjoying my time with him.
- That's a lot of weed to be throwing by the side, dude.
- OK. Mr Gangster Sir, it is.
- He's very orange.
- 'Don't you know this is a Blue Man town?'
- Burrito el cheap-o.
- Let's see if it's any good.
- Best $5 Burrito ever.
- Still, my resolve for always new is weakening.
- Dude should have gotten the door.
- I mean, you're a doorman.
- Under lights so bright, I can feel the heat.
- They like the orange shoes.
- 'Comfortable in the Chaos'
- I can't remember where this comes from.
- And then, the River Walk.
Tour de City
- Going to the theater.
- Watching others who went to the theater to watch others...
- Even though nothing was playing.
- Easy going.
- 'Find a way to live out your skills'.
- An old building.
- While protesters march far below.
- More than the band bargained for.
- Hotel for a change of pace.
- And now, it's drinking time.
- Another round of ginger ale?
- And to the train it is.
- Each of us medicating in our own way.
- Thank you.
- Awesome views for two days of the year.
- Better space and working conditions.
- Time is money.
- Or maybe the converse is true.
- Dirty printing.
- 'Up to the penthouse for a haircut, sir?'.
- But the elegance is only skin deep.
- A long line.
- A lively conversation so close...
- You have to remind yourself you're not really in it.
- A safe in a safe.
- No doubt, with more safes inside.
- The plot can only go deeper.
- Inquisitive ones checking.
- Making sure all the safes are empty.
- Turns out the hinges are well oiled.
- 'A very male environment.'.
- Well, sometimes things are just ugly.
- From the Church of Money.
- Vetted by a 'Council of Grandmas'.
- Very Pyramid like.
- Now, that's a small holy relic.
- But what's the definitive Franciscan text?
- And the, Testament of St Francis.
- Food on the run.
- Saline injected chicken...
Fields at Night
- Whistle while you walk.
- Contest Food!
- I like to think the possibility of a prize is just the icing on the breakfast sandwich cake.
- The bums have set up office.
- Free fries.
- Got my army jacket on.
- It's one of the reasons I bought a new jacket.
- But now and again, a thug feels about right.
- Watching the parade.
- As the pictures change much more slowly.
- Running with the devil.
- Eating at his restaurant.
- Better than I would have expected from a three headed dog.
- Mango shake.
- Listening to employees.
- Sounds like one Heck of a place to work.
- I am not at one with the TV Culture.
- Bears like beer.
- The whistling cure.
- Once I hit BS.
- But if it's the first thing out the gate.
- Another museum gallery to myself.
- Does no one think, anymore.
- Game of Thrones update.
- Iron meteorites.
- Heavy Metal from Outer Space.
- Or so, the museum placard assures me.
- Did I mention the half hour on a park bench staring at a gutted bike?
- And back to the meteorites it is.
- Cutting it short.
- A leisurely stroll sounds more fun.
- Nope, it's not a submarine surfacing.
- Why would you think that?
- Just a trio of ducks coming in for a landing.
- I am a paranoid person.
- Turns out, it's not the cops.
- Just an old man on a scooter.
- Too many facial tattoos.
- Wearing an army jacket effects how I feel.
- So says the man who carries around two phones.
- Taking the stairs two rungs at a time.
- Not a bad way to end the day.
The Colors of Fall
- A car ride too long.
- Glorious mansions.
- The same-old same-old.
- Been here two, three times before.
- Cost benefit analysis.
- Now is not the time to think.
- Estate sale!
- Everywhere you look, trees!
- Good walk.
- Looking forward to Bree.
Choose Your Illusion
- How to be happy.
- Cranes moving cement.
- I guess they figure, they've got a crane, too.
- Fifty-five stories going up.
- Eighty-seven parking stalls ought to be enough.
- Warmed by the sight.
- Mayor's Board for People with Ethics.
- Eh, maybe I read that wrong.
- 'You good?'.
- I must look like a crazy.
- Free samples.
- Scraping concrete.
- A sound that echoes through your bones.
- Same-old. Same-old.
- I've had this lunch a hundred times before.
- Daydreaming in familiar environs.
- Membership has its privileges.
- From rags to riches in a block and a half.
- Good thing I loaded up on the cash.
- I see my face in The Mirror, again.
- This note app has unforeseen features.
- Long walk.
- Falling into a rut.
- But at least I bought a place to sit.
- Moseying down the drag.
- Exhausted & well fed.
- I've got that end of day high.
- I've gotten good at ignoring your endless lists of thanks.
- In the end, I left early.
- Hard to stay happy when so tired.
- Showing a new friend old haunts.
- Let's see what Simon says.
- Reduction to absurdity.
- As one tries to explain the popularity of the inane.
- Long talk with a friend.
- No worries.
- Fried Fish Rangoon.
- Who knows what I ordered for lunch.
- I've quietly stopped the no repeat project.
- Ice measured to just the right amount.
- Food high.
- Got to get that sleep high down, as well.
- Purple velvet.
- Green beret herbal hand cream.
- Marvelous mannequins.
- I do love the floor show.
- Downsized to a more intimate lecture hall.
- The students declined to attend.
- Slideshow for consistent flow.
- From interesting to boring.
- Quick jaunt, ending the day.
Post Election Blues
- Winter is coming?
- It's his pizza place.
- And he'll say what he wants.
- The clams sucked.
- Still, I never need to eat there again.
- Wandering through an exhibit on primitive people.
- Wondering about strategies for my current game.
- A lost hour.
- Nice filter.
- But the pictures are fundamentally uninteresting.
- Walk down a tunnel just to get out of the wind.
- And now, I'm officially tired.
A Walk in the Woods
There really is nothing else to say.
Chess Board World
- Start with cocoa and chess.
- Move on to thoughts of computer world destruction.
- While outside, white and black.
- Char Su.
- And whatever those noodles are.
- No on the hand cream.
- Free book.
- But, also, not worth carrying around.
- Comics shop.
- Stan Lee died, so comics have hit the mainstream.
- Likely has more to do with feeling like a stranger in the store.
- Stan Lee means nothing to me.
- Oh, I mention this Stan Lee business, because the manager was being interviewed, on account thereof.
- I guess he's one of the anointed representatives.
- Spending lots of money.
- At least, it's not on me.
- So, now on me.
- Crowded bar.
- Time to get my learning on.
- The answer is probably worth...
Time for Tea
- Cozy train ride.
- Decadent dining.
- Meh, parade.
- But at ground zero for the fireworks.
- Echoing off the buildings.
- Easy walk along the river.
- Before calling it a night.
Christmas Wander Land
- Checking out the jewelry counter.
- Mean looks.
- I barely know what I am giving.
- What song would I whistle?
- Pop Goes the Weasel, apparently.
- A study in honor.
- Solid repeat for a late lunch.
- Spicy fried beef in tangy sauce.
- I've had it a hundred times before.
- Got that food high.
- I bet he loves that dog.
- With racing stripes.
- An excursion to an English Country manor.
- That old time religion.
- Computers at the cop store.
- Socks are no longer in season.
- And likely will not be for a year or two.
- A smoking glove.
- For cigars, don't you know.
- Quick run to the train.
- Lonely night, ahead.
Just Like Ground Hog Day
- Lovely drive.
- Walking the main.
- Hamburgers with an attitude.
- Hey, a huge storm is expected.
- How many s'mores can you eat?
- From a cop's point of view.
- Complete with psychedelic prismatic glasses...
- And spiked hot chocolate.
- Brunswick Stew.
- Horses with jingle bells.
- The warmth of an open door.
- Worst fireworks show ever.
- Less the whole frozen hands and feet, waiting for it part.
- Third snow.
- First blizzard of the year.
- Quiet walk in the snow.
- Hearty lunch.
- Warm lights.
- But waiter wants us to order more.
- Way more food than I need.
- So-so (as in, meh) inventive Mexican.
- But it's good to feel stoned.
- That post food easy going bliss.
- Car problems.
- Now, it's library time.
- A slow walk.
- Christmas lights in the park.
- And lights!
- Time to settle in.
Indoor Flea Market
- I went to buy silver.
- I thought it would be coins.
- It turned out being a necklace.
- So, twice the spot price.
- Never found the second purchase.
- It wasn't through lack of trying.
- They're shutting the place down.
- Slushy hail mixed with rain.
- Running inside for burritos.
- Scraping ice from my hair.
- Everyone is happy to see us today.
- Didn't get any shopping done for Christmas.
- Train ride in, thinking about the game.
- The main event is an art show.
- Unfortunately, I've seen it all before.
- Maybe I'm just naturally a downer.
- Pulling away from it all.
- Or maybe, there isn't as much all for one and one for all, as there was in the past.
- Thai Food.
- Into the repeats.. but long enough ago, it is as good as new.
- Oh, and it's not really Thai Food.
- Well, I think I got the Christmas shopping done.
- I still have the food aisle to go.
- As I may just need the icing on the cake.
- Breakfast sandwiches for dinner, next.
- No, I will not buy you any.
- Perhaps the gallery curators are subversive.
- And are trying to destroy any latent respect for the Artistic World that may still linger on in my soul.
- I am losing my respect for art.
- In truth, the puddle of mud just outside the door is as beautiful, captivating, and raw as anything inside.
- Time for a play.
- A transformed and 'agitated' version of the original.
- So bad.
- Is any exhibit cancelled on account of total crapitude.
- On the bright side, the panel seemed to love it.
- The panel, obviously, consisting of idiots.
- So bad.
- So-so bad.
- I will not give you $1.75.
- My answer being implicit.
A Cold Day
- A cold day.
- Watching our boys in service shiver and shake.
- Getting tired.
- Headed for an early train.
- I don't normally care for chewing on gloves.
- Long long-long long-long-long ride home.
The Final Countdown
- Ran out of battery.
- I hate it when I run out of battery.
- Too hot.
- One of the best Indian Buffets, yet.
- I haven't been to a bowling alley in a long time.
- Some people suck at keeping secrets.
- Only three more baking days till Christmas.
- A long time shopping.
- For what is basically a short outing.
End of Year
And after all is said and done, I am pleased with the way this project has swerved. The outing synopsis are far more important to me. The flavour of a day trumping the flavour of a meal any day, week, or month of the year.
Next Diary Project
Diary Project Index
© copyright 2018 Brett Paufler