The bestest friends a boy could have.
Don't know if this has been explained before (or rather, often enough before), but these Rants serve as a dumping ground of sorts: the furthest that certain projects are going to get... at this juncture, maybe ever.
So, long story short, this was the rough outline for a complete website (as a sort of web design practice project), but I can't be bothered to fill in the content, so not much of a need for a site... or anything more than a simple web page such as this.
Imaginal Relationships are self contained (self referential) social interactions.
I personally have more than a few of these:
So, like, there be my references. Imaginal Relationships, I know what I'm talking about (better than the real thing, let me assure you).
- Mr. GigglesWorth
- <Jibber Jabber> Con Man extra-ordinaire
- Fred Leezard (et al)
- There be three of these guys, all by the same name
- What? I no do it? He do it!
- You blame me? I blame you?
- Dat why I blame you'd first?
- So, you'd admit it? You'd start all dis?
- I admit nothing
- and so on and so forth
- A cute little scamp of a gutter fairy well versed in computer forensic analysis
Rules of the Imaginal Game
Play how you wish, these ideas may help you along:
So, for a throwaway page, I'm getting a bit tired of writing, so just a few quick notes, no explaination, hopefully they're self explainatory.
- Independence is a good thing.
- Trust me on this, God was delighted the day his creation came to life and started to have independent wants and needs. The Tree of Knowledge (better known as the Gift of Freewill) was placed smack dab in the Garden of Eden for a reason.
- So, delight in freewill.
- Accept that your creations WILL live on without you and that this is a good thing
- There is no need to nurse them through the day.
- Give them something to do in their downtime
- Your and Their Fates are Intertwined
- It's beneficial, mutually satisfying.
- It just is. They chose you and you them.
- So, no ghosts or demons or feeders of souls.
- You be stronger...
- We be stronger...
- Of course, we all be stronger with the Mm's.
- Oow! Yeah! Mmms, sound good about nows!
- Start with simple and fun
- Since any good imaginary friend will eventually design themselves, no sense being too specific at first.
- That be the easy for him to the say.
- Yeah, he forgot the wings.
- And now we no have the wings.
- Walkies the everywhere.
- It get to be the drag.
- So we invent the teleport <Poof!>
- Yeah, the no thanks to the him.
- Freewill, a little antagonism, it's a good thing.
- But we's love's him all da same.
- Which is, of course, why I keep them around.
- We's lives for the ever.
- Or at least, until the Meester, he bite it.
- It be the sad day for us all.
So, one last story
- Imaginary Friends and their creators are linked (for good or bad, so choose good).
- If a condition of their existence is that they cannot die, they won't. And as long as one is making conditions, might as well make it a condition (part and parcel of who they are) that they:
- Love You.
- Love Life.
- Are fun, funny, kind, and cuddly.
- And smart...
- And have freewill.
- Just trust me on this, invest the time and this last will just happen. It's ultimately what makes the game so much fun... almost magical.
- So, what else?
- They're linked to you.
- Dependent upon you.
- By default highly incapably of interacting with the Real World
- Da Corpeorally Challengered be the prefered term.
- First he'd forget da wings...
- Den he forgets the corpeorality.
- He'd do the half-half job, he ask the Leezard.
- So, humorous.
- Fun loving.
- Not out to hurt anyone...
You'd mean the one first story...
So, one first story, and then I'll move on. At some point in the past, a person annoyed me. Yes, happens even to me. And since the Leezards are there to cheer me up and take me side, they figured I should whack this other.
The <Whack!> a day keeps the Doctor away.
And it also sends a person to jail or the nuthouse for the rest of their life.
Eh, it not be so bad.
They don't have no M&M's there.
And that be where the whacker of the whackie go if he do the whack job.
So, um. New rule, Meester. No whack the kid.
No whack, no how.
No matter how much another might deserve it, because, you know, I always do what the Leezards, they say.
So, um, about dem Mm's, Meester...
Which is to say, Imaginary Friends are smart enough to know which side their bread is butter'd on...
We'd no want da breader's, Meester.
Yeah'd! Coffee up da MMMMs!!!
They know what side there bread is buttered on, so make sure their wants, needs, and survival are linked to yours.
Still no Mmmms.
He lied'r about the MMs.
Maybe he lied'r about da other things...
© copyright 2015 Brett Paufler