A present, free of obligation to the past.
Want a rule to live your life by?
Do not frontload your future with obligations without providing any corresponding benefit to your future self.
- Keep your workspace clean and up to date
- Keep your skills honed
- Attend to your health
- Pay your bills
- credit card debt never did anyone any favors
- Be ready for anything
- work, play, death
- If you're ready for death, you're ready for anything
- It's later than you think
- Time waits for no man
- Over extend yourself
- If you can't get to it today, nothing is going to change tomorrow
- Live only for tomorrow or to correct the mistakes of the past
- By the same token, don't live only for today or tomorrow is all you will have are memories of today.
next BrettRants entry
copyright © 2013 Brett Paufler
reach me at Brett@Paufler.net
If you find yourself with time,
money, and energy, and don't know how to spend it (haven't already
spent it), you're on the right track.
Limitless possibilities for today and tomorrow because the past has kept up with itself.