- 1lb Frozen Pork
- Thawed while frying with lots of Water.
- 1 can Black Beans
- As it would not be Chili without Beans.
- 1 can Corn
- I like canned Corn.
- 1 can Peas
- Because I am rich and when I make Peas Porridge (Hot or Cold), the Peas, themselves, tend to come fourth on the Ingredients List.
- 2 teaspoon Cumin
- Or so, I hardly ever measure.
- Dash of Red Pepper
- Heavy Pour of Onion Powder
- Touch of Garlic Powder
- Few Turns of Black Pepper
- 2 cups Pickle Juice
- I almost forgot.
At this point, there was a fair bit of liquid in the pot. I add the cans whole with every drop of liquid... and then some, as I tend to rinse my cans out with lots of water. So, I boiled it down for an hour until only solids were left. I thought about adding Bread (or Cracker Crumbs) to thicken the watery mixture. But did not.
In a dish like this, the Pickle Juice provides most of the flavour. The Chili/Stew was pretty sweet on account of how much Sugar was in the Pickle Juice.
I'd do again... and will come mealtime for the next few days.
The Peas all but disappeared. They are not noticeable visibly and do not effect the taste. Though, this batch (of Glop) does have a grainy sort of mouth-feel to it, which may have been caused by the Peas.
Still, after adding Sour Cream and Corn Chips, I devoured this.
It was good.