- 3 Tablespoons Spaghetti Sauce
- Just enough for a small load of Noodles.
- But very quickly, that swerved to a Corn Based Dish.
- 2 Tablespoons Cocktail Sauce
- There might not have been that much.
- We'd just got done eating Shrimp. And I'd frozen the Sauce. But along with the Spaghetti Sauce (both frozen in bigger than needed open-topped containers), I figured the pair was taking up too much room in the freezer.
- So, they weren't the first items in the pot.
- But I knew they'd be going in all along.
- 4 Tablespoons Water
- This was the first item in the pot.
- I was adding just enough, so The Water would have about boiled off when The Frozen Corn came up to temperature.
- I still, likely, added too much.
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- In lieu of Butter for The Corn.
- 1 Can Black Beans
- This is where the dish really swerved.
- I wanted a bigger helping of food.
- And this (a Can of Beans) was both Handy & (seemed pretty) Healthy.
- 4 Tablespoons Pickle Juice
- One of my all time favourite tricks.
- Pinch Red Pepper
- Because it is going to need something.
I ate this in three stages.
I got a cup of High Quality Broth: nice, thick, and tasty with just a few spare bits of Corn.
A few minutes later, I used a Slotted Spoon to save the big bits for later, leaving me with a Corn & Bean Laden Soup. I spiked it with a spoonful of Sour Cream and found the lot delightful.
Baked Bean Casserole
And now, it is the next day. And I am going to have what's left (approximately another bowl's worth) of Soup Covered Solids. Oh, right. There was some leftover Fruity Beef Drippings from a Berry Infused Beef Roast, which was prepared last night. So, I added that, as well. But I doubt a mere Tablespoon (or two) of Drippings will pack enough flavour to change the overall taste. And that taste has been quite alright in my book, so far, all along.
Please stand by...
Prior to tasting this last bowl of Corn & Beans (which included little other than the aforementioned Corn & Beans), I wrote:
If it had ever needed additional flavour, I could have added a touch of Salsa. But it never did. So, neither did I... add that touch of Salsa, that is.But the words turned out to be totally inaccurate. This last helping of Corn & Beans turned out to be little more than Corn & Beans (with all the blandness that implies), as I'd already poured-off and consumed all the real flavour.
Still, I did not bother to add any Salsa. And ironically enough, I completely forgot about the Cheese I had been considering adding to the top of this dish last night.
What is done is done.
The Soup portion was great. I made the mistake of pouring off too much Broth. And the final helping suffered as a result.