- 1 Cup Hamburger Drippings
- I can't remember what this is from.
- I was just going to throw it out, as I've got plenty of high quality Goose Fat, at the moment. But upon investigation, it seemed to have a high water content, which indicates usable flavour.
- Anyway, I heated, then cooled, then scooped-off the congealed Beef Fat.
- 1 Cup Water
- Tap Water!
- The Good Stuff!
- Mostly, I added the Water to aid in the Fat Removal Process as detailed (in exhausting detail, I might add) above.
- ½ Can Pumpkin
- Waste Not!
- Want Not!
- Them be my mottos.
- ¼ Cup Prune Dressing
- This is the last of it.
- It's from Thanksgiving...
- I think...
- Therefore, I am.
- I think...
- 2 Tablespoons Beef Gravy
- Much like the Stuffing in every conceivable way:
- From Thanksgiving.
- It's the last of it.
- Let's tidy up the freezer, shall we?
- Lightly Spiced
- Pinch Pepper
- Seriously, just a pinch.
- Pinch Red Pepper
- Pinch Salt
- It is amazing (to me, anyhow) how much a slight Pinch of Salt can bring a dish together.
I very much appreciate The Onion in the Stuffing. It gives The Soup a bit of bite.
And that bite (i.e. chunkiness) is growing as I work my way down The Pot. Soups like this (small, one-off batches), I tend to pour (rather than ladle); and so, it's liquid off the top, bigger chunks as I go along. It's working out great.
Finally (or at least, at some point), I should mention that The Beef Fat Drippings included a fair bit of meat. Well, it's probably not that much. But this stuff is way thicker than Broth. And those nibbles (yes, let us be fair; they are just nibbles) of Hamburger are most welcome.
1/1 (one out of one) would do again. And in a month, when it's Dog Treat Baking Time, I am sure I will be making something similar... perhaps, with added Hunks of Ham, as that's what's being stocked, at the moment.
Eh, before I go, I should (oh, yes, I should) mention that The Prunes (mostly whole) add a nice sweet semi-chewy touch. So, there is all sorts of mouth-feel in this from the Onions, Hamburger, & Prunes.
Quite The Delight!