- 2 Cups Brown Rice
- I like round numbers.
- 1 Cup Rib Fat, Drippings, and Leavings
- Most folks call it waste.
- I call it flavour.
- And if I am really drunk, I call it Hank... or Henry.
- 1 Cup Water
- It's from the Municipal Water Supply.
- It probably ain't that good for me.
- 1 Can Spinach
- I like using the juice and all.
- 1 Can Black Beans
- My views towards Black Bean Juice parallels my view towards Spinach, Corn, and most other Vegetable Juices.
- I use it all.
I probably should have boiled the liquid, rice, and all. But I did not.
Doesn't matter. I was running out of room in both the pot and the casserole dish in which the rice was sitting, waiting to receive the goop.
30 min at 400°
30 min at 350°
Tonight we are having a regular feast, consisting of Ribs, Mac & Cheese, Braised Cabbage, and this seemingly train wreck of a dish. Well, we'll see.
Point is I would have likely cooked The Rice for a solid hour at one temperature or the other, but I don't want the other stuff to burn... and I want to make sure this dish gets done in an hour.
I don't know that I like the smell of Spinach that much anymore.
Maybe, I just got lucky on the water content, but The Rice came out nice and tender, not too wet, not too dry. I will be trying this again.
I am presuming the magical ratio is 2 to 3: Rice to Water.