She Who Cannot Be Named (as apposed to She Who Must Be Obeyed from some PBS British detective show I cannot recall the name of, so I guess the show cannot be named either) made glorious (and I do mean, glorious) fish sandwiches last night. There are leftovers. But I don't feel like making a sandwich, so... Fish Stew.
- Big Pot
- Which defines the size of the dish.
- After all, I can't (despite all efforts) fill it over the top.
- I filled the 1-2 gallon pot (I have no idea exactly how large it is) ⅓ of the way full with water.
- I want broth.
- Then I tossed out the water, washed the pot, and refilled.
- Cleanliness is key.
- 1 Can Frozen Tomato Sauce
- Now listen carefully, because this is important.
- Prior to using a perfectly good can of Tomato Sauce, open can, change mind about using, and freeze in zip lock bag.
- I like to believe it adds to the flavour. But Spices probably work better.
- ⅓ Cup Fish Oil Cooking Sauce
- A bit of oily water, if you want to know the truth, with one or two herbs floating on top.
- Why was this not thrown out?
- It's what the fish was cooked in.
- 2 Small Pieces Fish
- The fish shrunk overnight, I swear.
- Seriously, the pot is way too big considering how much fish is available.
- It's maybe (maybe) a quarter pound of fish, crumbled up into small pieces.
- 2 Slices Tomato
- Can you tell that I am using leftovers?
- ½ Lemon
- Squeezed, with however much pulp came with it.
- The Tomato Sauce is unflavoured, so I've got a hunch I'll be chasing flavour before I am through.
- 1 Can Black Beans
- It's going to need some more body, don't you think?
- For this kind of dish, I use the juice and all.
- 2 Tablespoons Capers
- They were getting old.
- That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
- 10 Shakes Fish Sauce
- I should have opened the bottle better prior to shaking.
- I made quite the mess.
- ⅓ cup Balsamic Dressing
- I've found my flavour.
- It's the dregs.
- But taste-buds don't know that.
- ⅓ cup Apple Cider Dressing
- More dregs.
- Yep, I'm in clearing out the refrigerator mode.
- 1½ Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- It sure smells strong.
- All of these dregs get (at least) an equal amount of water, while cleaning out the jar.
- 10 Turns of the Pepper Mill
- It's questionable whether I need this.
- Both dressings were likely pepper heavy.
- Pinch Red Pepper
- I gave the bottle ten shakes.
- But as about five flakes came with each shake, this provides little guidance.
- Or there you go!
- 50 Red Pepper Flakes
This is pretty darn tasty. Looks like I will be adding those Langoustine Tails (and perhaps some frozen vegetables), after all.
Yep, the next day, I poured in the bag (probably 16oz) of Langoustine Tails and another bag (so another 16oz most likely) of frozen vegetables to make a real stew.
It was pretty good, restaurant quality, I'd say. But I'm not a big fan of Langoustine, so it was just pretty good.
On the other hand, for leftovers, it was pretty darn awesome.
I had mine with a dollop of sour cream.
My Final Verdict (a few days later and after an equal number of servings) is Sheer Awesomeness... if I do say so myself!